The UK administration has modified its journey recommendation to its residents touring to Pakistan after witnessing an improved safety state of affairs within the nation.
In the present day’s announcement is the results of a complete assessment of UK journey recommendation for Pakistan, based mostly on a wide-ranging evaluation of the nation’s safety state of affairs. That is the primary main replace within the journey recommendation since 2015.
The improved safety state of affairs allowed for the return of British Airways to Pakistan in June 2019 and the go to by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in October 2019. Amongst different adjustments, the recommendation now permits for journey by street to the North of Pakistan in addition to the Kelash and Bamboret Valleys.
Dr Christian Turner, British Excessive Commissioner to Pakistan, mentioned:
Following my arrival in December 2019, I made this assessment of the journey recommendation a precedence. It’s nice credit score to the onerous work of the Authorities of Pakistan in delivering improved safety over the previous 5 years. I’m delighted that British nationals will have the ability to see extra of what Pakistan has to supply.
Particulars of Journey Recommendation
- The UK Overseas and Commonwealth Workplace (FCO) gives journey recommendation based mostly on goal info to assist British Nationals make better-informed choices about overseas journey.
- The brand new journey recommendation for Pakistan reduces the part of the Karakoram Freeway the place the FCO advises in opposition to all journey to the realm between Mansehra and Chilas alone (earlier journey recommendation coated the complete route from Islamabad to Gilgit). Vacationers could bypass this part by taking the choice route via the Kaghan Valley and Babusar Cross.
- The FCO not advises in opposition to all however important journey to the Kalesh and Bamboret Valleys.
- The FCO advises in opposition to all journey to most of Balochistan together with town of Quetta. That is apart from the southern coast of Balochistan, together with town of Gwadar, the place the FCO advises in opposition to all however important journey.
- Like all FCO journey recommendation, these adjustments are based mostly on safety assessments, that are stored underneath fixed assessment.
- In 2018, there have been an estimated 484,000 visits by British nationals to Pakistan. There are 22 weekly direct flights to the UK.
- For the complete listing of FCO journey recommendation to Pakistan, click on right here: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/pakistan