The importance of Education technology
Definition of education technology
Learning is defined by the process by which the knowledge and skills of the recipient are conveyed by different means. Education is the fruit of evolution in civilizations, where knowledge cannot evolve or apply without transfer, otherwise, it will be lost by the end of civilization or before. Therefore, the need for continuous development of this important process has been demonstrated by various means and methods, taking advantage of modern developments and inventions that can enhance the quality of this process, hence the term “Educational technology”.
Education technology in its broad sense includes methods, tools, materials, devices, and regulations used in a particular education system to achieve specific learning objectives. It is clear that the technology of education does not just mean the use of modern machines and devices, but primarily the introduction of the method of systems, which is a method, method of work going in organized steps, and uses all the possibilities offered by technology according to theories of teaching and learning. This method emphasizes the integrated view of the role of educational means and their association with other components of these systems in a reciprocal relationship.
The importance of Education technology
Education has grown tremendously in the present century; the education system has developed very rapidly, exploiting the development of technology, increasing the productivity of education, becoming more enjoyable, increasing the interaction of the student and creating more creativity. Which helps the student to learn more gently. Modern teaching methods include computers, CD-ROMs, the Internet as the sea of information and a great educational tool, and audio-visual media
Impact of technology in education
If the importance of technology in the field of education is mentioned, this importance will increase year after year because of the rapid change and development in various fields. The importance of technology in education is as follows:
- Technology plays the role of a mentor who directs the teacher of the scientific material of the student, and changes from the old method of explaining and traditional teaching methods.
- A modern teaching tool, such as computers and other technology, with its various programs and functions in the field of education, stimulates the discovery of new talent and the development of mental abilities in various subjects. For example, the Internet has opened a new window to help students participate in school activities and exchange the information.
- The availability of technology is a rich source of information needed by both teacher and student. The Internet has become a vast sea of information, such as encyclopedias, dictionaries, maps and other sources of information that are difficult to obtain by traditional methods of research. Days in searching for information on a particular subject, the Internet takes hours (or minutes) to get that information easily without strain.
- The intervention of technology in the treatment of scientific materials received by students has become imperative, as well as training them to professional use and try to make it a means to the student after graduation from school as a guide and a specific, as the public or private labor market has become a foregone conclusion to practice their work by technological means very sophisticated , And the disappearance of traditional methods, which will provide the student after the arrival of the labor market experience and a great future.
Technology in all its advanced means can radically change the educational level of the teacher and how to develop his personal abilities in the explanation and urge him to give a greater opportunity and easier to understand and receive the student of the scientific material, and this, in turn, will reflect on the development of intellectual capacity and intellectual student, in addition to refining his talents and enjoyment of his materials.
Applications in educational technology
The technology of education has evolved in the last few years until it came to open schools without books or papers, and schools and universities were competing to minimize the use of paper and pencils.
A student can today learn from his home without having to go to the hall classroom, but having studied through the computer connected to the Internet, begins with the teacher share to broadcast audio and video for his students, the students can interact with their teacher in the same way. Also became, the student could solve his homework and deliver it through the Internet, and the process of repair automatically without the need of the teacher to repair it manually, and this facilitates the process of solving the homework and make it more fun.
Many schools and universities have replaced traditional books with laptops and tablet computers in the education process. This allows for the replacement of multiple books with a single tablet (or laptop), reducing the burden of carrying books on the back.
The disadvantages of education technology
The disadvantages of educational technology are as follows:
- Difficult to learn the modern techniques that the student needs to keep pace with them.
- Economically expensive.
- Minimizes student socialization.
- Minimize interaction between students, colleagues, and teachers.
- Lack of school activities such as art and sports.