Modern communication technology
Computer communication technology is used to store, study, retrieve, transfer, and process information, often in the context of business or other fields, and is a subset of ICTs. In 2012, Zobo proposed the creation of a hierarchy To refer to ICTs so that each hierarchical level has a certain degree of commonality associated with technologies that facilitate electronic data transfer.
Stages of communication technology development
The process of developing communication technology has gone through several stages: 
- Pre-mechanic (3000 BC – 1450 AD)
- Mechanical (1450-1840).
- Electromechanical (1840-1940).
- Electronic (1940 – present).
The importance of communication technology
The importance of communication, knowledge and capacity-building technology in sustainable development has begun to emerge through rural economies, where the information carriers facing the rural population are undergoing profound changes through affordable prices, improving the livelihoods of many people and also concerned the attention of the United Nations Development Program In the mainstreaming of information and communication technologies in sustainable development, and have also been included in the Millennium Development Goals. Their importance is reflected in the fact that they are important information channels for the adoption of knowledge strategies, as well as for the transfer of information, New remote services in order to deliver better information to the consumer.
The role of communication technology in education
Modern communication means the provision of education for all, the provision of quality teaching, and the development of the skills and efficiency of education management. UNESCO is therefore interested in enhancing the role of information technology in education. The ICT sector focuses on the joint work of three sectors: communication and information, education, science, ] UNESCO’s global network of offices, institutes and partners provide the Member States with resources for the development of information and communication technology in education policies, strategies, and activities. The UNESCO Institute for Information Technologies is specialized in education, Moscow-based exchange of information, research and training on the integration of ICT in education while participating UNESCO office in Bangkok strongly in the information and communications technology; for education in Asia and the Pacific.
Means of communication
Today’s means of communication have become a necessity, and a person can not live without it. It has facilitated life for a man because of its ability to connect people with each other from long distances. However, with all the proponents of these methods, they also have negatives. The negatives are in the same medium, but in the way they are used by the person, they may use them to the fullest advantage, or they may use them in the wrong and negative ways.
Positives means of communication
- Accelerate the transmission of information: Communication technology tools such as e-mail and text messaging systems accelerate the transmission of information from within and outside the organization or destination, and facilitate information sharing among large companies, making their business more efficient.
- Facilitate people’s communication: With modern communication, people can easily communicate with each other, even in different countries, thanks to voice and visual communication technology, so that expatriates can reassure their parents in another country, making life easier for everyone.
- Speed of access to information: The means of communication made the process of obtaining any information easier and faster, which made it the first means of journalism and information, access to information from other countries is easy and fast.
- Remote learning: Distance learning is now possible and easy. With today’s visual and audio communication, students should sit behind the computer screen and listen to their teacher explain the lesson, making learning easier for people with special needs. And residents in distant countries.
Cons of means of communication
Addiction to modern means of communication: People in our time like prisoners of their mobile phones and their modern devices, so it is not possible to go without them from the home and their total dependence on them.
- Weak social life: Communication has led to poor communication and social life among people rather than strengthening it. Everyone becomes preoccupied with his virtual life instead of trying to strengthen his social relations with others.
- Lack of security: Because the means of communication brought people closer together, it is not possible to maintain confidentiality and privacy, which may allow criminals or mental patients to approach and hurt the person in real life.
- High cost: Modern technology in general needs fairly high amounts of money, so that the person can continue to use it daily.