Incoming calls on the Android user’s phone can be converted to any other number such as a user’s office phone number. For example, we’ll learn how to do this, as follows:
- Open the phone application on the mobile phone of the user.
- Click the menu display icon in the Phone application.
- Select the call settings in the phone that are indicated by Settings or Call Settings.
- Click Call Forwarding, and then select one of the different call conversion options, as follows:
- Always Forward: This option can be selected to convert all incoming calls to another number.
- Forward When Busy: This option allows the user to divert calls if the user is busy and unable to answer these calls.
- Forward When Unanswered: This option is used if there is an unanswered missed call, which converts this call to voicemail.
- Forward When Unreached: This option is turned on when the user’s phone is out of network coverage or when it is switched off or even when placed in flight mode.
- Specify the number to which the user wants to divert calls.
- Activate call forwarding by clicking the OK button.
How to record calls
Google Voice can be used to record incoming calls on a user’s phone. To do so, you can:
- Set up a personal Google Voice account.
- Click on the three parallel lines icon in the left-hand corner of the top of the program screen.
- Click the Settings option.
- Activate call logging by turning on the Incoming call options option.
- Click number 4 on the phone keypad after receiving the call to start recording, and then click number 4 again to stop recording.
How to block calls
You can block calls on your Android phone by following these steps:
- Click Contacts in the phone.
- Open the main menu in Contacts and click the New Contact option.
- Enter the number to be blocked over the phone and stored as a new contact in the contact list.
- Click Done, and then open the name you want to add to your contacts.
- Open the options menu for that name and click Options.
- Select the Incoming Calls option to block incoming calls from this entity.
- ↑ Dan Gookin, “HOW TO FORWARD CALLS ON AN ANDROID PHONE”، dummies.com, Retrieved 23-11-2018. Edited.
- ↑ Lance Whitney (6-9-2018), “How to Record Calls on Your Android Phone”، pcmag.com, Retrieved 23-12-2018. Edited.
- ↑ Michael Butler, “How to Block a Number on an Android Device”، chron, Retrieved 23-12-2018. Edited.