How mobile software works
Reset the device
The factory reset is intended to return the mobile phone to its first conditions. When you perform a factory reset, it will delete all the files and reinstall the initial operating system as well as the basic software. The user usually uses this procedure when the device or its data is damaged so that it cannot be repaired, or if the user wants to remove the installed software as well as personal files for the purpose of selling the device, for example. On Android devices, for example, a factory reset will delete all user settings, installed applications, data associated with these applications, and user data from the internal storage of the device.
How to reset the factory for mobile phone
Before starting the factory reset for iPhone, it is recommended to back up the data that the user finds important by uploading it to the iCloud service. Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Click the visible username, and then choose “iCloud” from the menu.
- If the iPhone is running iOS with a version older than 10.3, select iCloud immediately after accessing the settings.
- Activate the type of data that the user wants to back up, such as images, stored email, contacts, and other important data.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and then press the “Backup” button, which has a green icon, and if the device is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi), the user can start the process immediately. It should be noted that the process may take a few minutes.
After the backup is complete, the user can begin the factory reset process by following these steps:
- Go to Settings, and then press “General”.
- Press the “Reset” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Press the “Erase All Content and Settings” button, which is blue, and after a new screen appears, the “Erase iPhone” button, which is red, is pressed.
- Wait a few minutes for the phone to finish resetting the factory, and if the operation is successful, the initial screen of the custom system will be displayed by first setting the device. This screen can restore or skip the data previously uploaded to iCloud without restoring any data.
Using a computer
The user can reset the factory for his iPhone using the iTunes software that can be installed on the computer, but it is preferable to first back up the important data in the mobile phone. The user can back up the data through the iTunes software itself, connect the iPhone to the computer, and then click on the “Backup Now” button, which is grayed out on the tab to display the summary of the device data.
After completing the backup process, the user can begin the factory reset of his iPhone using iTunes software. This is done through the following steps:
- After connecting the phone to the computer and accessing iTunes, the icon representing the phone at the top of the screen.
- Press the “Restore iPhone” button and then confirm the operation. It should be noted that the process may take a few minutes to complete.
Enter the phone in the recovery mode
If the operation fails or there are other problems such as the failure of iTunes to detect the device, you need to enter the phone in the “Recovery Mode” before attempting to perform a factory reset of the device, as follows:
- If you use the iPhone version 7 or later, Close the phone completely, and then press the volume down button repeatedly. Connect your phone to the computer, making sure iTunes is working. Then raise your finger from the cut-down button Ot.
- If you are using an iPhone version older than the seventh version, close your phone and then press the Home button continuously. Connect you’re to the computer, ensuring that iTunes is running. Finally, raise your finger from the button.
Through the system to reset the factory to an Android mobile phone, this can be done through system settings. This method is the simplest, with differences in steps between phone and another; however, they are very similar and the process is as follows Samsung Galaxy S7 (in steps of implementation):
- Go to settings by clicking on the custom icon in the main interface of the device. Go to the bottom of the settings menu and press “Backup and reset.”
- Go to the bottom of the screen and press “Factory data reset”.
- Press “Reset phone”.
- Press “Erase everything”, after which the mobile phone will restart to finish the operation.
Through outside the system
The factory can be reset to the Android device by serializing some buttons on and off, which is useful if the system is not bootable. (Samsung Galaxy S7 will be adopted in the implementation steps):
- Turn off the phone
- Press the power button, the volume up button, and the Home button, so that the buttons are pressed together until the device reaches “Recovery mode”.
- Using the volume up and down buttons, scroll through the options and select “Wipe data/factory reset” using the on button. Similarly, select “Yes” to confirm the process. When the process is finished, select “Reboot system now” from the same “Recovery mode” screen.
Using a computer
Odin can be used to re-install the mobile operating system. This method is complicated compared to the methods mentioned above. If the user is not careful when handling the Odin program, it may cause damage to the device. After downloading and installing the Odin program on the computer, in addition to installing the desired mobile phone type identification software, as Samsung definition of the user.
If you want to connect the Samsung device, follow these steps:
- Download the operating system dedicated to the desired mobile phone type and reinstall its system.
- Turn on the mobile phone in the “Download Mode” mode, by closing the phone completely, and then turn on the phone by pressing the following three buttons: the power button, volume down button, and the main screen button, although this method may vary from one phone to another.
- Run the Odin program.
- Connect the portable device to the computer using a USB connection, then the color under the “ID: COM” section should turn blue. Add the file containing the operating system to the Odin program, and press “AP” button (or the “PDA” button) and select “tar.md5” file.
- Deactivate the “re-partition” option if it is activated.
- Press the “Start” button to start the process, and care must be taken so that the device is not disconnected from the computer during this process, although it is normal to restart the phone several times automatically during the operation. When the word “PASS” appears with a green background, it means the operation was successful.
Note: The user should review his or her phone book or search engines as a YouTube search engine to see how to insert the device in any situation that may vary depending on the type of phone.
Cast to: www.mowdoo3.com