Written by: Samia Arif
Internet Use for Children
Children use the Internet in various fields such as writing school reports, playing action games, and communicating with friends and teachers. Using the internet required close intention and constant concern from parents. Over the past two decades, using computers and internet devices is increased whereby children, teens, and young are accelerating in use these devices in different ways due to the development of technology. These include TV, electronic books, mobile devices such as cell phones, and music players. It is noted that children are heavy Internet users where they are using it to log in to social media sites and watching different videos. Studies showed that 10% of children read books and electronic magazines, and over 50% of children from grades 7-11 use the internet to search for information related to health. Need A Ride?
Tips in How Children Use the Internet
Children had to be educated about how to use the internet safely, so they must be reminded to: Need A Ride?
· Don’t give out personal information without your parents’ permission. It must be sure of the safety and accuracy of the website when the information will be collected for research or school project on the internet.
· Don’t share your password with anyone but your parents. When you use a public computer make sure you log out of the accounts you’ve accessed before leaving the terminal.Book your low cost airfare with CheapAir.com
· Don’t post photos or videos online without getting your parents’ permission.
· Don’t agree to meet an online friend unless you have your parents’ permission. Unfortunately, sometimes people pretend to be people they aren’t. Remember that not everything you read online is true.
Search for vacation rentals in Athens.
· Don’t buy anything online without talking to your parents first. Some ads may try to trick you by offering free things or telling you that you have won something as a way of collecting your personal information.
· Talk to your parents before you open an email attachment or download software. Attachments sometimes contain viruses. Never open an attachment from someone you don’t know.
· Many social networking websites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Second Life, and MySpace) and blog hosting websites have minimum age requirements to sign up. These requirements are there to protect you!Search for vacation rentals in over 12,000 destinationsFlipKey
The Effects of using the Internet for Children
Although using the internet has many benefits, it has adverse effects on children such as:
· Using computers and the Internet affects the children’s psyche significantly; it causes distress, anxiety, and confusion, because they may be exposed to scenes of violence that are not appropriate for their age. Research has shown that violent scenes, whether sexual or otherwise, Make them more violent, and tend to imitate hostile behavior.
· Using internet frequently waste the time in which they had to be spent it in exercise and other activities useful to the bodyExtremely Cheap Last Minute Flights up to 51% Off on ETripmakers
· Long sitting in the front of the computer affects the child’s body, and there is a possibility of obesity, or problems in the eye, back, and wrist.