Business consultant attorney in New York
Factors affecting a business can change daily or anytime, while some issues require months of strategic planning. Regardless of the phase of your business life cycle, Cohen Schneider Law’s corporate lawyers can help you with strategy and execution.
As a law firm, Cohen Schneider Law has distinguished himself as an influential corporate lawyer in New York. Our New York-focused commercial law practice encompasses both large and small clients. We represent entrepreneurs, startups, emerging businesses, small businesses, established businesses, business owners, and nonprofits in a variety of industries including e-commerce, internet businesses, social networks, education, retail, advertising, media and real estate, professional services and catering, and we leverage our extensive business, real estate, employment, intellectual property, internet, litigation, alternative dispute resolution and general business law experience to serve our clients who operate in a wide variety of industries.
Meet your company’s needs
Our New York business lawyers often act as full-service external general counsel in situations where a company does not have the need or budget of a full-time employee general counsel.
Our goal is to help our clients develop long term business strategies and advise them in developing, managing and operating the growth of their business. We draw on our many years of experience as New York business lawyers with our own internal and entrepreneurial background to help clients safely follow their chosen path, minimize legal risks and proactively plan their future path. Our role as trusted New York City business lawyers and advisers is to take advantage of our professional insight and gain your trust through years of trusted advice.
As corporate lawyers in our New York City offices, we advise our clients on all aspects of their business. One of the first decisions to be made is to determine and select the form of entity under which your company will operate. Our New York business lawyers will review and assist (along with a client’s accounting / tax advisors) in determining the structural structure that best suits your needs, such as: a Limited Liability Company (LLC), a corporation (by discussing the difference between an “s”). Election and a regular election (C-Corporation), Professional Company, Limited Liability Company, Partnership, etc., then drafting and submitting the documents necessary for the establishment of the chosen company. Our New York small business attorneys can help solve legal hurdles to keep your business healthy as it grows.
Organizing and monitoring corporate governance matters is part of running a company. After the training, we provide organizational solutions to our customers and ensure that topics such as the approval of guidelines (e.g. regulations) are submitted as required. In addition, we draft and negotiate first (preferably) or when a company brings in additional partners or shareholders, founding agreements, operating agreements, shareholder agreements and partnership agreements so that the rights and obligations of the owners towards the company and each other are clearly defined.
Our New York business lawyers also work with our clients to meet regulatory requirements and best practices for maintenance. Maintaining a business register, keeping routine meetings and minutes of those meetings, and, if necessary, written resolutions, help companies comply with regulations and also reduce the backlog that may be required when a company needs capital to raise capital or when an opportunity arises to acquire it arises.
When companies are considering raising capital (debt or equity), entering into strategic partnerships, or merging, or being acquired (or making an acquisition), our New York business attorneys make the negotiations easy. Our business lawyers have supported you in all related matters and can advise you,
- Negotiating agreements with brokers and investment bankers
- Negotiating and preparing letters of intent
- Support in the organization and development of due diligence documents
- Management of due diligence reviews and evaluations
- Preparation and negotiation of transaction documents (e.g. share purchase agreements, convertible bonds, asset purchase agreements, etc.)
Cohen Schneider Law’s New York-based corporate attorneys regularly provide comprehensive services and provide affordable, practical advice and innovative legal analysis. In doing so, the most efficient mission of business lawyers and professional staff in New York is used to support our clients.
Our services include:
- Advice on options for setting up business units and on the capital structure
- Drafting and negotiating shareholder agreements, company agreements, partnership agreements and joint ventures
- Real estate affairs including leasing, buying and selling, developing and financing transactions
- Advice on various types of financing (e.g. venture capital, debt, etc.)
- Structure, draft, and negotiate basic to complex trade agreements for a wide variety of business transactions
- Identification and protection of trademarks, copyrights and other intellectual property rights
- Advice on employment issues, including drafting employment contracts, guidelines, procedures and manuals for employees, as well as training (e.g. anti-harassment)
- Advice on compliance with various corporate governance issues
- Receive and maintain tax exemption status for our non-profit customers
- Joint venture agreements, partnership agreements and strategic alliance agreements
- Nondisclosure, confidentiality, non-compete and advertising agreements
- Technology, internet and e-business agreements
- Preparation and negotiation of contractual conditions and financing documents (e.g. share purchase agreements and convertible bonds as well as related agreements)
- Preparation and negotiation of company agreements, founding agreements and shareholder agreements
- Litigation, Arbitration, and Other Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods